Request a Donation from Calendar Proceeds
Each year we raise thousands of dollars from sales of our International Calendar. We use the proceeds to fund educational and self-help development projects around the world (e.g., Community Garden Program in Madison, Tillers International project in Tanzania, schoolroom construction in Vietnam). The Calendar Committee sets aside funds to cover costs for the next calendar and then determines how much will be available for donations to worthy projects.
Donation Procedure for the Giftaway
School Gardens and Tree Nursery – 2015 grant to Call To Nature Permaculture in Ghana.
Photo by Mary Crave
- NEW THIS YEAR: REGISTRATION -- Because the meeting will be virtual, the Zoom link will be provided after you register at our Event page. The Giftaway meeting will be held on October 17, 2020, 12:30 - 4:00 pm Central Time. The Zoom line will be open beginning at 12:30 for presenters to get setup. Presentations will begin at 1:00 pm. We do not anticipate the event to run for three hours, but please set aside the time.
- Requests for a maximum of $2,500 will be accepted.
- Applications are currently being accepted. The date for submitting a request for the funds is September 30, 2020. Watch this page for specifics, especially changes due to COVID-19 Precautionary Measures.
- The Application Instructions below explain the process, including what to consider when writing your grant request, how much money is available, and the maximum request per grant.
- Use the Cover Form below to make a formal request based on the Rules and Guidelines outlined in the Instructions.
- The Scoring Sheet below gives you an idea of what we look for when ranking a request and should only be used as a reference.
Special Note: Giftaway donations are only available to projects supported by members of the group.
All questions should be directed to the Giftaway Coordinator.