1 large fresh green mango, peeled and cut into julienne strips
450g/1lb fresh baby squid (calamari)
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp hot water
1 teasp sugar
½ a chili pepper, finely chopped
¼ teasp salt
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum (sweet pepper), sliced
1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
50g/2oz dry roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Prepare the squid by gripping the body with one hand and the head and tentacles with the other. Pull apart firmly. Cut the tentacles away from the head, wash and finely chop 4 of them, reserving the remainder for another recipe. Discard the head, entrails and ink sac. Wash the bodies thoroughly, both inside and out, in cold running water, dry on kitchen paper then cut into bite size pieces.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice water, sugar, fish sauce and chili pepper. Set aside.
3. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the squid, bring back to the boil and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook.
4. Drain the squid in a colander then place in a serving bowl together with the mango, capsicum and onion.
5. Add the prepared lime juice mixture together with the mint and peanuts and mix well. Serve immediately as a starter or salad to accompany main dishes.
Recipe from http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/Cambodian%20Recipes.htm