2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder
1 pound scallions, sliced
6 cloves garlic, crushed
4 carrots, sliced
4 potatoes, cut into chunks
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 fennel, thinly sliced lengthwise and crosswise
½ bunch cilantro
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon white pepper
4 tablespoons oil
1 cup boiling water
INSTRUCTIONS (for fresh pears):
1. Cut the lamb into pieces of about ½ ounce.
2. Brown meat in hot oil over high heat (meat should be roasted). Reduce heat to medium.
3. Add carrots, onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, and pepper. Mix well, then cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Add the potatoes, garlic, cilantro, boiling water, and salt, and bring to boil.
5. Cook 10 minutes over medium heat and 40 minutes over low heat.
6. Five minutes before the end of the cooking, add the fennel slices.
7. If necessary, increase the temperature to reduce the liquid after cooking.
Recipe from 196flavors