Kyettha Tauk Tauk Kyaw: Chicken and Vegetable Fritters
Makes 6 fritters
1 cup chopped uncooked chicken
1 egg, beaten
½ tsp. salt
½ c grated carrot
½ c grated white radish
½ c grated cabbage
1 tsp. fish sauce
½ tsp. sugar (optional)
1 scallion, sliced thin
1 tbsp. chopped coriander
1 tbsp. chopped semi-hot green chili
1 tbsp. rice flour
¼ cup corn or peanut oil
1. Mix the chicken, egg, and salt together.
2. Add the carrot, radish, cabbage, fish sauce, sugar, scallion, coriander, and chili. Mix well. Add the rice flour and mix.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet. Prepare fritters 3 inches in diameter and ½ inch thick, using about ½ cup of mixture for each one. Brown them in the oil over moderate heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
4. Serve warm as an appetizer or a side dish with any appropriate Burmese dip.
Recipe from The Burmese Kitchen by Copeland Marks and Aung Thein
Myanmar 2018 - Recipes
- Kyettha Tauk Tauk Kyaw: Chicken and Vegetable Fritters
- Penilay Hincho: Red Lentil Soup