1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
4 ounces (1/2 cup) Pisco
2 ounces (1/4 cup) fresh, frozen, or bottled passion fruit juice
Juice of 1 lime
1 egg white
10 large ice cubes (or about 1 cup crushed ice)
1. Make sugar syrup: Put sugar and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, remove from heat, and let cool.
2. Measure pisco into blender. Add passion fruit juice and lime juice.
3. Add sugar water, ice cubes, and egg white.
4. Blend until mixture is frothy and the ice is completely crushed and blended.
5. Serve immediately in small tumblers.
Note: Some bottled passion fruit juices have a lot of added sugar, so you might need to decrease the amount of sugar syrup to compensate. To extract juice from a passion fruit: Slice in half and spoon out the pulp. Warm the pulp in the microwave or on the stovetop until it thins (almost to a boil), and then strain. Let cool.
Read more: http://southamericanfood.about.com/od/drinks/r/maracuyasour.htm