1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried Italian herbs
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1¼ lb. minced lamb
1. Prep: 10 min. Cook: 1hr 20min › Extra time: 10min resting › Ready in: 1hr 40min
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, oregano, Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
4. Add the minced lamb and thoroughly mix through all dry ingredients. Using a kneading method for around 3 minutes will ensure that the lamb is smooth and that all dry ingredients are evenly combined.
5. Shape the seasoned minced lamb & place into a loaf tin and place it on a baking tray.
6. Bake in the oven for around 1 hour 20 minutes. Turn the loaf half way through cooking time to ensure even browning.
7. Once cooked, wrap the meat in foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the doner kebab meat as thinly as possible and serve with warmed pita bread and salad.
Serve with warmed (lightly toasted) pita bread. Also serve with chili sauce and a salad of shredded cabbage, carrot, onion, and sliced cucumber.