2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
300 g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and diced
750 ml water
Pinch of salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of coarse ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the finely chopped onion.
3. When the onion begins to soften, add the diced pumpkin and stir for 5 minutes.
4. Add the water, salt, red and black pepper.
5. Put the lid on the pot and cook until the pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes.
6. When the pumpkin is done, mash it with a wooden spoon.
7. Serve warm.