lb. of chicken, cut to pieces (boneless, skinless chicken thighs work well)
carrots, cut into small pieces
big red bell pepper, cut into 1x1 cubes
big green bell pepper, cut into 1x1 cubes
medium onions, chopped
garlic clove, minced
T ginger, chopped
cups coconut milk (I used light and added a little extra)
tablespoons curry powder
teaspoon chili powder (optional) or 1 teaspoon minced chili (optional)
tablespoons cooking oil
Salt and pepper
1. In a frying pan, fry the cut chicken until light brown. Next, fry potatoes and carrots, then set aside.
2. In a sauce pan, sauté garlic, onions and ginger in cooking oil for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken, coconut milk, curry powder and chili powder. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, carrots, and red and green bell peppers and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until soft.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice.