1½ tablespoons crushed garlic
½ teaspoon salt
teaspoons ground black pepper
tablespoons rice vinegar
tablespoons soy sauce
tablespoons canola oil
lbs beef tenderloin, cut into strips (or some other tender steak)
medium red onions, cut into strips
(15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
Salt & pepper, to taste
jalapeno pepper, cut into strips
cup fresh cilantro
potatoes, peeled & cut into strips
Canola oil, for frying
1. Make a paste by combining the garlic and salt. Whisk together the garlic paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, cumin, and ground black pepper.
2. Place the steak in one bowl and the onions in another. Divide the marinade between the 2 bowls and let them set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3. Pour a small amount of oil in a wok and turn on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the steak with marinade and cook until brown. Add the tomato and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Add the jalapeño, cilantro, and onions with marinade to the wok, slowly stirring until well blended. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
5. As the ingredients are cooking in the wok, sprinkle the potatoes with paprika and then fry in a separate pan. When done, add the potatoes to the other ingredients.
6. Serve with white rice.