2kg smoked and dried fish
250ml red palm oil
100g dried shrimp
1 green bell pepper
salt and hot chilli paste, to taste
1. Peel the yam and chop into small pieces.
2. Wash these then place in a pan of lightly-salted boiling water and cook for 20 minutes (the water should come about 2cm above the yam pieces).
3. Wash the smoked and dried fish, break into pieces and put these in the pan to cook with the yam.
4. After 20 minutes, chop the bell pepper and the onion and add these to the pot too. Cook for 10 minutes more.
5. Add the dried shrimp and the red palm oil. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes more, or until the sauce is thick.
6. Adjust the seasonings (salt and chilli paste) to taste and serve immediately.
Read more: http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/miscellaneous/fetch-recipe.php?rid=misc-yebeh