1 kg potato, peeled and parboiled and diced into ½ inch pieces
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon piri piri chili sauce
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon tomato puree
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
1. Heat the oil and sauté the onions. When they begin to turn golden, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Add all of the ground spices gradually and stir fry for about 1 minute.
3. Now add the tomato puree, lemon juice, parsley and salt to taste.
4. Add the parboiled, diced potatoes to the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to distribute the sauce and add 3/4 cup of water.
5. Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has reduced. (You should add a little extra water if the potatoes look a little dry whilst cooking).