g stewing beef
tablespoons smooth peanut butter
medium onions (chopped)
g ripe tomatoes (chopped) or 400 g tomatoes (chopped)
fresh chili peppers
g carrots (or a mixture of carrots, turnips and zucchini)
pinch mixed herbs
cm piece fresh ginger, grated or 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
Salt and black pepper
1. Remove seed from chilies and chop them finely.
2. Mix them with the peanut butter, ginger, herbs, vegetables and tomatoes.
3. Place meat in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid and add the vegetable mixture and some seasoning.
4. Put on the lid and cook very gently for about one and a half hours or until the meat is tender.
5. Don't worry about the lack of liquid because the meat and vegetables will make enough.